Pilates benefits people of all ages, sizes or fitness levels. It is a gentle regime, regarded as the 'intelligent' exercise. Pilates focuses on using deep central muscles to stabilize the trunk while performing specific movements. Exercises are designed to improve muscle strength and postural balance.
Pilates at TUH Health Hub is run by the experienced team from St. Paul's Terrace Physiotherapy. Tailored exercise programs are available in a one-on-two environment or a less expensive group session of up to six people. Both individual and group sessions may pay a benefit through the health fund depending on your level of cover.
- Decrease pain of daily activities
- Prevent further episodes of pain
- Improve muscle strength and endurance
- Teach you how to recruit your muscles more efficiently to improve sports performance
- Improve and maintain good posture
- Our physiotherapist will be happy to discuss your particular needs so you can be confident you get the program that's right for you.
Click here for group timetable
Advance booking from 1 December:
- Pilates classes can be booked online, over the phone or in person
- Bookings can be made up to 3 months in advance
- Booking availability for 3 months in advance will occur at quarterly intervals. Listed below:
- Individuals who fail to attend or fail to cancel their appointments at least 3 hours prior to class start time will automatically be charged a full rate of $31.
- Classes starting at 7.30am, 8.00am and 8.30am need to be cancelled either online or by phone by 5.00pm the previous day, to allow other participants to book in for the following morning classes. If not, you will be charged the fail to attend fee of $31.
These charges are being implemented to help improve and satisfy client demand and allow continuity of exercise participation for all involved.