- Treatment in a private hospital for medically necessary treatment. Medicare covers 75% of the Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) fee set by the Government for doctors’ charges and TUH covers the remaining 25%.
- Accommodation, theatre fees, intensive care, cardiac care, industry approved prostheses and hospital medication in almost all private hospitals in Australia. Find out more.
- A large range of extras, including dental, optical and other health care services such as physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Bonus of $75 (single) or $150 (family) to put towards your extras out-of-pocket expenses (conditions apply).
- This cover has an excess of $300 to keep premium costs lower. The excess is payable by adults on the policy if they are admitted into hospital. The excess is only payable once per adult per calendar year.
- Covers single dependants until age 21, and full-time student dependants up to age 25. Non-student dependants, who are single and earn less than $50,000 a year, can stay on your policy as an extended dependant until the age of 25 for a premium loading of approximately 30%.
What’s not included?
- Hospital treatment that is not medically necessary or treatment which is not eligible for Medicare benefits;
- GP visits or other specialist appointments before you are admitted or after you are discharged from hospital;
- Gap fees charged by specialists over the Medicare Benefits Schedule;
- Experimental procedures/therapies;
- High-cost medications; and
- Robotic surgery consumables.
For further information, please refer to the Important Information Guide.
Annual limits reset on 1 January. For full information on benefits, limits, excesses, pre-existing condition rules and waiting periods, download the Easy Choice brochure and read in conjunction with the Important Information Guide.
Help me find the cover I need
Get the brochure