Unfortunately, no-one's perfect. We know there may be times when things are not as you'd expect them to be. If you have a concern, please talk to us. We're here to help and can usually resolve things for you as quickly as possible.
When we receive a complaint, we'll look into the matter and get back to you promptly. We have a simple 3-step internal process to ensure we address your concerns quickly, consistently and professionally.
- Firstly, the employee you have been dealing with will attempt to resolve the issue with you directly.
- If you're not happy with this response, a team leader or manager will investigate further for you.
- Finally, we'll refer any unresolved matters to an executive manager.
During the process:
- To ensure your matter is handled efficiently and effectively it will be managed by our Complaints Coordinator.
- You will receive a formal acknowledgement by phone, email or letter.
- If a full response takes longer than two business days, we will phone or email you to update you on progress.
- Your response will be provided by phone, or if appropriate, email or letter. We aim to finalise all complaints within 10 business days. The response will include results of our investigation and the reasons for our decision / outcome(s). We will respond in writing if requested.
- Any improvements that have been identified as a result of your complaint will be addressed with the relevant team leader, manager or executive manager by the complaints coordinator. Our executive team regularly evaluates complaints to help us improve our services and benefits.
If you remain dissatisfied with the way we've managed your concern, you may contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman (details below). The ombudsman operates independently of the private health funds, private and public hospitals and the government.
If you have any concerns about a dental treatment, please contact our Dental Team.
If you think the cost of your surgery is unreasonable or excessive and you wish to make a complaint please contact the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, email@example.com or go to surgeons.org/about/racs-complaints-hotline.
Phone: 1300 360 701 (local rate)
438 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
PO Box 265, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
TUH Complaints Officer: 1300 360 701
TUH Dental Manager: (07) 3259 5863; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Health Insurance Ombudsman
Phone: 1300 362 072 (option 4 for private health insurance)
Post: GPO Box 442, Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: 02 6276 0123
Enquiries: 1300 737 299