There are many ways to claim your extras benefit:
Electronic claiming services
On-the-spot claiming is available at a range of extras providers via electronic claiming terminals such as HICAPS or HealthPoint. To claim your benefit, simply swipe your membership card and your claim is processed straight away. All you have to pay is the balance. You can check if your provider offers HICAPS below.
Unavailable for orthodontic, nutrition, Bowen therapy, aromatherapy, homeopathy, audiology and pharmacy or Health & Wellness benefits.
Simply log in to Member Services Online and follow the instructions to submit your claim. There’s no need to send in receipts. Just keep all receipts for twelve months after you claim in case we need to check them.
Make a claim by uploading photos of your receipts in less than a minute, or upload other documents and instantly submit them via our smart phone app.
Download the app from the links below.
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
Requires Android OS 2.1 or later
You can claim manually via email, post or in person. First download the claim form and save it to your computer (for email claims) or print it out, complete and return the form:
• Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with scanned copies of accounts/receipts attached.
• Via post to TUH, P O Box 265, Fortitude Valley Q 4006 with original accounts/receipts enclosed.
• In person at the TUH Health Hub, 438, St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley.
Your claim will be paid directly into your bank account. Please allow up to two weeks for postage and processing.
TUH contracted hospitals usually charge us directly. If you do receive a hospital account, send it to us with a completed claim form via one of the below options for payment.
- Email to email@example.com with scanned copies of accounts/receipts attached.
- Upload to the smart phone app along with photos of accounts/receipts.
- Post to TUH, PO Box 265, Fortitude Valley Q 4006 with original accounts/receipts enclosed.
- In person at the TUH Health Hub, 438, St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley.
Your claim will be paid directly into your bank account.
Medical expenses while in hospital
If your doctor or specialists have agreed to charge you under the Access Gap Cover Scheme, they'll charge us directly for your hospital treatment.
If your doctor doesn't use Access Gap Cover, they may send you an account. You can take this to Medicare and then to TUH for payment. Just use our claim form and make sure you include the “Statement of Benefits” from Medicare with your claim. Medicare will pay 75% of the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Fee and TUH will pay the remaining 25% of the MBS Fee. You will need to pay any amount the doctor charges above the MBS Fee.