- Affordable private hospital cover.
- Includes cardiac care.
- Selected range of extras, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and more.
- Has restrictions and exclusions.
- $250 excess per adult on the policy.
- Treatment in a private hospital for medically necessary treatment (restrictions and exclusions apply).
- Medicare covers 75% of the Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) fee set by the Government for doctors’ charges and TUH covers the remaining 25%.
- Accommodation, theatre fees, intensive care, cardiac care, industry approved prostheses and hospital medication in almost all private hospitals in Australia. Find out more
- General and selected major dental, orthodontics.
- Optical and other therapies.
- Health & Wellness benefit provides up to 80% on health screenings, and wellbeing, weight loss and fitness programs (up to overall annual limit).
- This cover has an excess of $250 to keep premium costs lower.
- The excess is payable by adults on the policy if they are admitted into hospital.
- The excess is only payable once per adult per calendar year.
Covers single dependants until age 21, and full-time student dependants up to age 25.
What’s not included?
- Hospital treatment that is not medically necessary or treatment which is not eligible for Medicare benefits;
- GP visits or other specialist appointments before you are admitted or after you are discharged from hospital;
- Gap fees charged by specialists over the Medicare Benefits Schedule;
- Experimental procedures/therapies;
- High-cost medications; and
- Robotic surgery consumables.
For further information, please refer to the Important Information Guide.
We pay the default benefit for accommodation as determined by the Government and no benefit for theatre fees on:
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Surgery by a podiatrist
- Psychiatric services
We pay no benefit on:
- Obstetrics (pregnancy and birth-related treatment)
- Labour ward
- Sterility reversals
- Infertility investigations, assisted reproductive services
- Hip, knee and joint replacements
- Eye surgery - cataracts and eyelens procedures
- Glaucoma and macular degeneration treatment
- Dialysis for chronic renal failure
- Gastric banding and bariatric/obesity surgery, including reversals
- Newborn/neo natal care
- Spinal surgery (except as the result of an accident)
- Cochlear implants, related admissions and replacements
- Insulin pumps, related admissions and replacements
- Robotic surgery
Annual limits reset on 1 January. For full information on services covered, benefits, limits, excesses, pre-existing condition rules and waiting periods, download the Budget Hospital and Mid Range Extras brochure and read in conjunction with the Important Information Guide.
Help me find the cover I need
Get the brochure