Easy Choice

A comprehensive package for peace of mind.

What’s included?

Hospital cover:

  • Treatment in a private hospital for medically necessary treatment. Medicare covers 75% of the Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) fee set by the Government for doctors’ charges and TUH covers the remaining 25%.
  • Accommodation, theatre fees, intensive care, cardiac care, industry approved prostheses and hospital medication in almost all private hospitals in Australia. Find out more.

Extras cover:

  • A large range of extras, including dental, optical and other health care services such as physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage, etc.
  • Bonus of $75 (single) or $150 (family) to put towards your extras out-of-pocket expenses (conditions apply).


  • This cover has an excess of $300 to keep premium costs lower. The excess is payable by adults on the policy if they are admitted into hospital. The excess is only payable once per adult per calendar year.


  • Covers single dependants until age 21, and full-time student dependants up to age 25. Non-student dependants, who are single and earn less than $50,000 a year, can stay on your policy as an extended dependant until the age of 25 for a premium loading of approximately 30%.

What’s not included?

  • Hospital treatment that is not medically necessary or treatment which is not eligible for Medicare benefits;
  • GP visits or other specialist appointments before you are admitted or after you are discharged from hospital;
  • Gap fees charged by specialists over the Medicare Benefits Schedule;
  • Experimental procedures/therapies;
  • High-cost medications; and
  • Robotic surgery consumables.

Benefit Limitation Period (BLP)

A benefit limitation period of the first 24 months of membership applies for members who are new to private health insurance and those transferring from other funds, with hospital cover which pays restricted benefits for private hospital accommodation related to psychiatric services and gastric banding and bariatric/obesity surgery, including reversal. During the BLP, we pay the public hospital default benefits as per legislation, which means you may have significant out-of-pocket costs to pay for the treatment. Waiting periods still apply for services with a BLP. For example, after serving the 2 months waiting period, your benefit will be limited to a default benefit for the following 22 months. After 24 months you are entitled to the full benefit claimable for the treatment.

For further information, please refer to the Important Information Guide.

More information:

Annual limits reset on 1 January. For full information on benefits, limits, excesses, pre-existing condition rules and waiting periods, download the Easy Choice brochure and read in conjunction with the Important Information Guide.

Help me find the cover I need

Get the brochure

Important Information Guide


Please select your rebate tier to view the premiums

The premiums displayed below are inclusive of the direct debit discount of 1.5% and are subject to your individual circumstances and should be considered as an indicative guide only. Please note Lifetime Health Cover loading (if applicable) is not included in these premiums.

  Fortnightly Monthly Quarterly Half yearly
  Direct debit Manual payment Direct debit Manual payment Direct debit Manual payment Direct debit Manual payment
Couple 184.75 187.55 400.30 406.40 1,201.00 1,219.30 2,402.05 2,438.60
Single 92.40 93.80 200.15 203.20 600.50 609.65 1,201.05 1,219.30
Single Parent 141.35 143.50 306.25 310.90 918.75 932.75 1,837.55 1,865.50
Couple or Family 187.50 190.35 406.35 412.55 1,219.05 1,237.60 2,438.10 2,475.20
Single Parent with extended dependent 180.15 182.90 390.30 396.25 1,171.00 1,188.80 2,342.00 2,377.65
Couple or Family with extended dependent 240.15 243.85 520.45 528.35 1,561.30 1,585.10 3,122.65 3,170.20

Take an easy next step and one of our friendly consultants will call you back at your convenience.