- Treatment in a private hospital for medically necessary treatment. Medicare covers 75% of the Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) fee set by the Government for doctors’ charges and TUH covers the remaining 25%. Note that there may be extra for you to pay if your doctor charges over the MBS and does not participate in the Access Gap Cover Scheme.
- Accommodation, theatre fees, intensive care, cardiac care, industry approved prostheses and hospital medication in almost all private hospitals in Australia. Find out more.
- A large range of extras, including dental, optical and other health care services such as physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Bonus of $75 (single) or $150 (family) to put towards your extras out-of-pocket expenses (conditions apply).
- This cover has an excess of $300 to keep premium costs lower.
- The excess is payable by adults on the policy if they are admitted into hospital.
- The excess is only payable once per adult per calendar year.
- Covers single dependants until age 21, and full-time student dependants up to age 25. Non-student dependants who are single can stay on your policy as an extended dependant until the age of 25 for an additional premium loading.
What’s not included?
- Hospital treatment that is not medically necessary or treatment which is not eligible for Medicare benefits;
- GP visits or other specialist appointments before you are admitted or after you are discharged from hospital;
- Gap fees charged by specialists over the Medicare Benefits Schedule;
- Experimental procedures/therapies;
- High-cost medications; and
- Robotic surgery consumables.
Annual limits reset on 1 January. For full information on benefits, limits, excesses, pre-existing condition rules and waiting periods, download the brochure below and read in conjunction with the Important Information Guide.
Help me find the cover I need
Get the brochure