CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Weight management

Exclusive offer from CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet for TUH members

Lose weight with the online diet that fits you perfectly.

The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet is a scientifically formulated weight-loss program that is personalised to each individual member.

The weekly meal plans on the program are higher protein, lower GI, which means you feel fuller for longer.

Research from the CSIRO shows that our meal plans are successful in maximising body fat loss without affecting your muscle mass. The average member loses 6% of body weight—but many lose a lot more.

As a TUH member you get 15% off the 12-week membership which includes:

  • weekly higher protein, low GI meal plans
  • easy exercise plans
  • access to more than 1000 recipes

Join at 15% off

*People with medical conditions should seek medical advice before proceeding on any diets

Can I claim on my health insurance?

The CSIRO Total Wellbeing diet is claimable under Weight Loss and Fitness under the Health & Wellness benefit. Depending on your level of cover, benefits range from $120 to $160, which means that on most covers there is little or no out-of-pocket cost.

The Health & Wellness benefit is available on all covers with extras except for Basic Extras.

Legislation allows health funds to only pay benefits towards programs such as the CSIRO diet if they reduce complications for a person identified with a chronic condition. To ensure that we can pay benefits correctly, we will ask you to complete a form that confirms that:

  • The person has a chronic condition or multiple risk factors of a chronic condition
  • The program is appropriate to reduce complications or reduce the risk factors for this condition

What do I need to do?

  1. Download and print our Health Management Program Approval (HMPA) form
  2. Ask your GP to complete this form, indicating the specific chronic condition (eg. "Weight - BMI 31", not just "Weight loss")
  3. Go online and enrol for the CSIRO diet, making sure you indicate you are a TUH member
  4. Submit the receipt and HMPA form to TUH to make a claim