How to claim

We are here to help you claim your benefit as quickly and conveniently as possible

Extras services

There are many ways to claim your extras benefit: 

Electronic claiming services 

On-the-spot claiming is available at a range of extras providers via electronic claiming terminals such as HICAPS or HealthPoint. To claim your benefit, simply swipe your membership card and your claim is processed straight away. All you have to pay is the balance. You can check if your provider offers HICAPS below. 

Claiming via HICAPS is unavailable for nutrition, audiology and pharmacy or Health management benefits.

Online 

Simply log in to Member Services Online and follow the instructions to submit your claim. There’s no need to send in receipts. Just keep all receipts for twelve months after you claim in case we need to check them.  

Smart phone 

Make a claim by uploading photos of your receipts in less than a minute, or upload other documents and instantly submit them via our smartphone app. 

Download the app from the links below. 

 iPhone                                                                       

 Requires iOS 8.0  or later                                                                     

 Android

 Requires Android OS 4.1 or later 

Manual claim 

Download the claim form and complete it in your browser, save a copy then print and sign. If you want to print it out to complete, save it first, then print it.

Return the form: 

Via post to TUH, PO Box 265, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 with original accounts/receipts enclosed.
In person by dropping off at the TUH Health Hub, 438 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley. Claims will not be processed directly at the Health Hub.

Your claim will be paid directly into your bank account. Please allow up to two weeks for postage and processing.

Medical expenses while in hospital 

If your doctor or specialists have agreed to charge you under the Access Gap Cover Scheme, they'll charge us directly for your hospital treatment. 

If your doctor doesn't use Access Gap Cover, they may send you an account. You can take this to Medicare and then to TUH for payment. Just use our claim form and make sure you include the “Statement of Benefits” from Medicare with your claim. Medicare will pay 75% of the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Fee and TUH will pay the remaining 25% of the MBS Fee. You will need to pay any amount the doctor charges above the MBS Fee. 

What is not covered?

We pay benefits in accordance with the law and TUH Fund Rules and policies. The items that we do not pay extras benefits for include, but are not limited to

  • services where a benefit is payable by Medicare
  • treatments by providers not recognised by us for benefit purposes
  • services that took place two years or more before the date you lodge the claim
  • pharmacy/vaccinations where the fee is less than the PBS amount
  • overseas products, treatments or services
  • telephone and email consultations or letters of advice by providers
  • treatment by a provider who is a family member, including (but not restricted to) treatment by yourself or your partner, parent, sibling, child, or other insured person on the policy
  • midwife services at a home birth
  • vitamins and supplements.

Restrictions may apply for multiple treatments on the same day.