- Has restrictions and exclusions.
- $500 OR $750 excess per adult on the policy.
- Treatment in a private hospital for medically necessary treatment (restrictions and exclusions apply).
- Medicare covers 75% of the Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) fee set by the Government for doctors’ charges and TUH covers the remaining 25%. Note that there may be extra for you to pay if your doctor charges over the MBS and does not participate in the Access Gap Cover Scheme.
- Accommodation, theatre fees, intensive care, cardiac care, industry approved prostheses and hospital medication in almost all private hospitals in Australia. Find out more
- This cover has an excess of $500 OR $750 to keep premium costs lower.
- The excess is payable by adults on the policy if they are admitted into hospital.
- The excess is only payable once per adult per calendar year.
- Covers single dependants until age 21, and full-time student dependants up to age 25.
- Non-student dependants who are single can stay on your policy as an extended dependant until the age of 25 for an additional premium loading.
What’s not included?
- Hospital treatment that is not medically necessary or treatment which is not eligible for Medicare benefits
- GP visits or other specialist appointments before you are admitted or after you are discharged from hospital
- Gap fees charged by specialists over the Medicare Benefits Schedule
- Experimental procedures/therapies
- High-cost medications
- Robotic surgery consumables.
For further information, please refer to the Important Information Guide.
We pay the default benefit for accommodation as determined by the Government and no benefit for theatre fees on:
- Medically necessary plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Surgery by a podiatrist
- Hospital psychiatric services
We pay no benefit on:
- Back, neck and spine
- Podiatric surgery (provided by a registered podiatric surgeon)
- Implantation of hearing devices
- Joint replacements
- Dialysis for chronic kidney failure
- Pregnancy and birth
- Assisted reproductive services
- Weight loss surgery
- Insulin pumps
- Pain management with device
For full information on services covered, benefits, limits, excesses, pre-existing condition rules and waiting periods, download the brochure below and read in conjunction with the Important Information Guide.
Help me find the cover I need
Get the brochure